Ma's maith leat síochaint, cairdeas, a's moladh....Eisc, faic, is fan balbh! (Translated means If you wish for peace, friendship and praise....Listen, look and be dumb!)- Irish Proverb

Monday 20 October 2008

A Short Entry About Sex

I bet the first thing you are thinking is where does this fit into spirituality? For me it does very nicely. I have been single and without sex now for just on 3 1/2 years. I won't pretend it's been an easy time of it. False accusations haven't really helped matters on this but I won't dwell on those because it is something that is beginning to heal, so me analysising those wouldn't help much.
So why is sex to me spiritual? It is something to me created by the divine that we may procreate. Although I also believe it is there to deepen spiritual bonds and even test them, It's something special, to be shared with people you believe are special people to you. I won't do one night stands for this very reason. No one after one day of knowing me is going to be that special to me.
To me sex is not just a bit of disposable fun, it's making love and showing love to someone you care about. It's not necessarily a romantic thing, although I know most people believe it is. It is a way of showing physically how much you trust someone not to hurt you, emotionally and physically. This is why my sex only relationship in the past died out. She was constantly hurting me emotionally.

0 comments: