Ma's maith leat síochaint, cairdeas, a's moladh....Eisc, faic, is fan balbh! (Translated means If you wish for peace, friendship and praise....Listen, look and be dumb!)- Irish Proverb

Friday 7 November 2008

Fear Me For I Am Your God And What My Gods Are There For Right Now

Now this is something since I found my path I have never understood, why it is certain religions expect their followers to be afraid of their deity. Perhaps one day it will be explained to me, but I don't understand why it is.

I do understand the concept of Gods being respected, but feared no I don't believe that should be the case. Personally I see my Gods and my Goddesses as guides, people to talk to, ask for advice, discuss plans and perhaps even give me a clue where I am going right and also of course conversely where I am going wrong.

Currently I am working with Macha and Arawn, Macha being a Goddess of war and Arawn a God of hunting. Rather an unusual pairing, especially when you consider I am normally a placid man. Perhaps I should explain why.

Right now at work and to some degree in my life outside I am feeling that things are changing and things are not right, I feel Arawn can teach me the skill of tracking and watching without being observed, which is the true definition of the word stalking, but I am not doing any form of malicious stalking, I just want to sense when change is imminent so I can react. This is where my relationship with Macha comes in. War is an art form that involves strategy, now this is what is I need to learn, how to plan strategically for both the short term and the long term. Also I need to plan for the what if's this life is going to bring me.

I do not fear what my deities have to say, I know it will be hard, it always is hard work. Success in anything never comes from being lazy, but from hard work alone.

The first thing that has to change is my routine. I am wasting a lot of time at the moment. I need to make my week days 18 hours long to fit in all I want to do. So as of Monday next week my body clock is going to have to start adjusting to the extra 2 hours a day it is going to have to tolerate. My weekends are going to be slightly less busy at 16 to 17 hour days.

This in theory will give me an extra 15 hours a week of time to do things. More on what they are to follow as parts of it affect my spiritual development.

0 comments: