Ma's maith leat síochaint, cairdeas, a's moladh....Eisc, faic, is fan balbh! (Translated means If you wish for peace, friendship and praise....Listen, look and be dumb!)- Irish Proverb

Friday 31 October 2008

Return To The Creepy Canyon

Anyone who has followed my blogs over the years knows that there is a place in Denver I go occasionally affectionately known by me as the "creepy canyon" It's the confluence of the South Platte and the North Platte rivers.
The place is interesting, in that by day it has to be one of the prettiest places to go, but by night it is full of energies and I guess it depends on who you go with, as well as the mood you are in, the weather and all sorts of other factors.
With 2 of my closest friends I investigated the canyon tonight. The energies felt good, if disturbed tonight. I saw quite a lot of orbs and stuff that you would associate with such a high energy place. They will be posted here in due course, after one of the friends has looked at them.
My guide through this canyon was not present today, but that is fine, even guides need a day off I guess. I did see someone skulking through the trees above me on several occasions, maybe that was him I don't know.
The old traditional South Platte hotel, where I have observed a figure watching me and my friends in the past seemed empty tonight, though the grave site behind it was exuding it's usual stay the hell away from me energies. I felt more peaceful than usual, maybe the company was better I don't know.
I found this bit of information whilst researching it courtesy of the Denver Post
The South Platte Hotel, which stands next to the North Fork,
replaced the original building that was built in 1912 and then burned to the
ground by a stage driver named George Bellow after he shot hotel owners,
visitors and patrons, and held a crowd at gunpoint outside as he lit the
building on fire.
My feeling is that today is the 3rd anniversary of the first visit I made to this area, I remember saying to friends back then I felt like I was being sucked into a time where I did not belong and lost all bearings of where I was until I saw someone, but I felt that something happened involving a murder. To this point I hadn't found anything, but it would explain a lot. I'd like to explore the hotel more, but definately in daylight and not so close to halloween!
It was good for me though to return to the scene, it felt like part of me was restored, I am not sure what or why, only time will tell what that was.
Owing to the restrictions of where I am staying at this time I can't give you all the information I wanted to but will edit this entry from my home pc and probably move it over to my new investigation blog. I am basically going to be writing 4 blogs on and off with one remaining updated regularly as to my life, the other 3 when it is needed but more on that another time.
So those of you looking at the header and scratching your head as to why this relates to Celtic Spirituality is it being posted here first?
The answer lies in the fact that both native American belief and Celtic spirituality believe that energies from our forefathers remains where our forefathers were. There is also the theory of Madoc, the Welsh Prince being the founder of this land and so much more. But that all will come in time.

0 comments: