Ma's maith leat síochaint, cairdeas, a's moladh....Eisc, faic, is fan balbh! (Translated means If you wish for peace, friendship and praise....Listen, look and be dumb!)- Irish Proverb

Sunday 21 December 2008

Whilst Wandering Round

The internet, I found the most beautiful site selling Grimoires I really recommend this site as a must view.  Hopefully by next year I will have enough money to afford one of their masterpieces.  Whether I will use it as a Grimoire I do not know.

Ok so what is a Grimoire anyway?

If you have watched Buffy, Angel, Charmed or most other supernatural fiction series you might know it as a Book of Shadows it is also called that in Wicca.

Dictionary.com has a rather poor explanation  of Grimoire

grimoire

noun

a manual of black magic (for invoking spirits and demons)

Whilst it is true that it can contain such information, I really roll my eyes at the use of the term Black Magic, Magic has no colour, in my world and my work either.  It is the intent of the user that makes magic have colour, for example some people call themselves a white witch because they practice things like healing and the like which is pure.  Myself I am a druid and I do not need to colour myself.  I don’t particularly involve myself in spells and the like, because I believe that the will of the Gods is more important than the free will we would be modifying by a spell.  Although I will ask for protection for friends in need I do not believe that it is a spell, it is a request to friends to help where they can and an offering is given up to them.

The site is http://www.brahmsbookworks.com/ and I really love several designs, which I will link you below so you can make your mind up which is most fitting for me.

The Triquetra Grimoire

The Celtic Dragon Grimoire

The Triskell Grimoire

The Raven Moon Grimoire

I will make the decision in the new year which I am going to go for, but any preferences will be noted.  Please do pass on to anyone you know who likes fine work the links above as the more opinions I get the better!

0 comments: