Ma's maith leat síochaint, cairdeas, a's moladh....Eisc, faic, is fan balbh! (Translated means If you wish for peace, friendship and praise....Listen, look and be dumb!)- Irish Proverb

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Why A Spiritual Blog?

Sometimes we look at the world through black and white glasses, that there is absolutes in everything.  In my world there is not only shades of grey in between but shades of every colour of the rainbow.  Spirituality isn’t just for me about our relationship with our God(s) and/or Goddess(es).  It is about our relationship with the cosmos, with that which binds us together.

Many things move me in a spiritual way, sounds, images, feelings, emotions both shared and ones I feel in myself and so much more.  They all make me feel connected to the Gods and Goddesses I believe in and the cosmos as a whole.

Spirituality means waking up and smelling the coffee, that is life. Most people, even though they don't know it, are asleep. They're born asleep, they live asleep, they marry in their sleep, they breed children in their sleep, they die in their sleep without ever once waking up. They never understand the loveliness and the beauty of this thing that we call human existence. You know, all mystics, no matter what their belief, Pagan, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Buddhist or whatever else are unanimous on one thing: that all is well, all is well. Though everything is a mess, all is well. It’s a strange paradox. But, tragically, most people never get to see that all is well because they are asleep. They are having a nightmare.

Most people tell you they want to get out of nursery, but don't believe them. Don't believe them! All they want you to do is to mend their broken toys. "Give me back my girlfriend. Give me back my job. Give me back my money. Give me back my reputation, my success." This is what they want; they want their toys replaced. That's all. Even the best psychologist will tell you that, that people don't really want to be cured. What they want is relief; a cure is painful.  What they haven’t realised is that the cosmos has provided them with other things that are blessings too.

Waking up is unpleasant, you know. You are nice and comfortable in bed with that nice snug safety blanket. It's not nice to be woken up, especially if you like me only actually fully unwind and relax during sleep. That's the reason the wise guru will not attempt to wake people up. They will guide the person into waking themselves up.  This is essentially the purpose of this blog, it’s a document of me waking up, having the odd nap during “the day” but in all feeling better about my oneness with the divine and the cosmos I live in.

I will endeavour to also explain my beliefs regarding issues from birth through to death and everything that comes with the bit that is in between that is known as life.  I will also try and talk about my belief in my deities and also as to what my relationship is with them.  In places it will I am sure be controversial but let me explain that these are my views, I do not expect people to like them or live by them.  They are my views I don’t expect them to be liked.  What I do expect though is for them to be respected.

0 comments: